Here are some tips that I’ve been sharing on Twitter. When you use these kinds of tricks in your regular processes, you can save hours of work. There’s no reason to be spending more than 10 minutes on any task. Use these tricks, spend less time on boring stuff, and focus on what you want to do.
- Excel 2007 has a great way to get unique records out of large columns of data. Click the data ribbon and the remove duplicate button. If you are in an old Excel program, there’s a way too: http://bit.ly/czu7qX. The video will show the procedure in both versions of Excel.
- To insert a line break within an Excel cell, it’s Apple – Option – Return (Mac) or Alt – Enter (PC).
- Here is a link to learn how to make a pivot table and chart in Excel http://seogadget.co.uk/how-to-make-a-pivot-table-and-chart-in-excel/
- Use the Alt key on your keyboard to display the hot keys in Excel. These can save you a lot of time by not using your mouse. (For example, Alt + F11 allows you to edit your macros.) That’s a lot faster than navigating the menu.
Here are two BONUS tips.
- This is a great tutorial on how to make a peeled away look on an image in PowerPoint. http://screenr.com/2tO
- Make sure to hit save on your documents. Seriously do it right now!
Photo Credit: Book Glutton